HomeSyMenu Suite

The SyMenu collection of portable programs

Google chrome outdated Messages in this topic - RSS

jibibi
jibibi

20 days ago
jibibi
jibibi
hello gianluca, one question, google chrome is not updated since version 75.0.3770 ; ist normal???
thanks
link
Gianluca
Gianluca
Administrator

19 days ago
Gianluca
Gianluca
Administrator
Yes, it is.

We can't distribute the original Chrome version because it's not portable at all. So SyMenu Google Chrome is a thumbapps' re-package version.
Unfortunately Ronny, the mind behind the thumbapps project, is gradually abandoning his activity and his programs become increasingly outdated.
If someone knows another Google Chrome portable version I can change the source for SyMenu, but the last time I checked the Ronny's one was the only one.
+1 link
jibibi
jibibi

19 days ago
jibibi
jibibi
https://www.thumbapps.org/2019/09/Chromium-Portable-Edition-78.0.3904.0-development-web-browser-Released.html

maybe chromium??
link
Gianluca
Gianluca
Administrator

18 days ago
Gianluca
Gianluca
Administrator
Nope.

I can add Chromium as a new program but, although Chrome uses its same engine, they are completely different.

So Chroumium can't be a good replacement for the thumbapps' Google Chrome.
link
jibibi
jibibi

18 days ago
jibibi
jibibi
Too bad, because it works the same way though? and royalty-free, don't you think? otherwise I install chrome on ssd.
link
Gianluca
Gianluca
Administrator

18 days ago
Gianluca
Gianluca
Administrator
jibibi wrote:
Too bad, because it works the same way though? and royalty-free, don't you think? otherwise I install chrome on ssd.

Why you said that?
I've just added Chromium as a new program. You'll find it among the SyMenu Suite starting from tomorrow.
So it's up to you to decide if you want to continue using the outdated Chrome portable or to install the new Chromium.

Tomorrow you'll have both choices.
link
jibibi
jibibi

18 days ago
jibibi
jibibi
Oh OK !!! Perfect for me !!! Thanks you !! Go for chromium !!!
link

UGMFree.NET ©2002-2019
By Gianluca Negrelli - Contact me